A forensic activity that is sure to hit the mark!
Grade 9–College. Students have the opportunity to learn and apply techniques used by crime scene technicians as they explore the science of bullet trajectories and shooting reconstruction. Kit is fully correlated to the Next Generation Science Standards® (NGSS) and includes a digital teacher's manual and student guide download. Activity is designed for a class of 32 students working in 8 groups of 4.
- Calculate angle of incidence from a bullet hole
- Distinguish entry vs. exit holes based on bullet wipe
- Measure angle of incidence from a trajectory
- Identify shooter height and location
- String and photograph scene for photographic documentation of evidence
FREE 1-year access to digital resources that support NGSS instruction included.