Catheterization is one of the basic skills all nursing students must learn, and to learn the techniques, they must practice. Any patient volunteers? Not likely!
But Life/form® simulators allow demonstration and practice in urinary catheterization without embarrassment or discomfort to the patient or the students.
In addition, catheterization simulators are useful for anatomical identification and demonstration of perineal care
- The Life/form® Female Catheterization Simulator is constructed with a bladder reservoir, patient urethra, and a valve simulating the internal urethral sphincter
- The normal feeling of resistance and pressure will be experienced as a catheter is passed through the urethra, past the sphincter, and into the bladder
- When the catheter enters the bladder, artificial urine (water) will flow from the catheter just as in a real patient, and the cuff must be completely deflated before the catheter is removed
- Improper use of a Foley can result in damage to the simulator
- This simulator is the torso of a middle-aged woman with thighs abducted for proper position during catheterization
- The external genitalia and perineum are molded in lifelike form
- The labia minora can be spread apart naturally to reveal the clitoris, urethral opening, and vaginal introitus
- Includes a hard carry case, lubricant, catheter, and teaching guide
- Fluid supply stand not included
*NOTE: A Fr. Silicone Foley catheter can be used if extreme care is taken to inflate the cuff only when it is in the proper position. Just as in a real patient, the cuff must be completely deflated before the catheter is removed. Improper use of a Foley can result in damage to the simulator, just as when using a Foley catheter with a real patient.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/-hD5KK9h6v8
Carton size: 24 in. x 16 in. x 13 in.
Sh. Weight: 21 lbs. ( 9.53 kg )