students design and build solar cell-powered circuits to explore current, loads, voltage, and polarity. Suitable for middle and high school, the clear, easy-to-follow instructions incorporate wiring diagrams, applied math, and student questions with a focus on energy conversion.
With this kit students explore:
- How a solar cell works
- How to build circuits to power different devices with solar energy
- How to use a multimeter to learn about voltage, electric current, and power
- How to build a solar-powered battery charger (batteries included)
- Setting up equipment and building a simple circuit
- How the amount of light affects the amount of electricity produced
- Measuring voltage and polarity
- Series circuits
- Wiring loads in series
- Measuring current
- Adding current with parallel loads
- Building a solar-powered battery charger
One kit engages 2 to 4 students. Includes 9 labs, a glossary, and 2 rechargeable AAA batteries.